Wednesday, January 11, 2012

We are all bowls of Chili





A little known secret of me is that I love to cook and bake.  Cooking and baking is so relaxing to me.  I didn't the opportunity to do it much at my old place.  Since I have moved into my new place I now have a kitchen and more of an opportunity to cook and bake.  My first experiment was to make some Vegetarian/Vegan Chili.   It actually turned out really good and if you want some you can come on over.  I have extra.  :)

Besides being relaxing, cooking really makes me think.  It is like all my brain waves are firing on all cylinders and thoughts flood my mind.   As I was prepping the meal, I kept stressing about everything being perfect.  Whether it was cutting the veggies or trying to master the combination of spices.  I wanted this chili to be the best chili anyone has ever had.  

Well two minutes into prepping it I realized that the veggies were not cut perfectly, the chili was a bit too spicy for my liking, and I forgot to buy a few things for the meal.  It was far from perfect yet, after it was done and I scooped some in my bowl I couldn't believe I made it.  I was so proud regardless how it tastes, and that's when it hit me.  God sees us as bowls of chili.  He created us to be perfect, but we are far from it and even though we are not perfect, God still is proud of us.  We are HIS!  He created us!   Just as I took delight in my chili, God is delighted in us.

It is comforting that we all bowls of Chili.   haha... wow I am weird... gosh I need to get to bed. 

In case you are wondering this is my own recipe.  I was reading some other recipes online and changed some things up to make it my own.  :)

Pictures below... if you want the recipe me, contact me.  I'd love to give it to you. 


All the ingredients for Antho's Vegetarian/Vegan Chili


Smells good eh!

Finished product!!





No comments:

Post a Comment