Tuesday, January 3, 2012


This time every year many cultures celebrate a new year.  All of mankind is at it's best.  Everyone is trying to change their lives around, kick old habits, take over the world, or whatever crazy "new year resolution" people think of.   We all do it because we want to better our lives.  We identify areas of improvement and work on "fixing" them.   I do, you do it, we all do it!  Problem is, most of us, after a few months realize our resolutions were a thing of the past.  

As I was thinking about this, I realize that everyone has stuff we can work on in our lives.  Whether it is January 1st or June 1st  we will always have stuff that we will want to work on and areas of our lives we want to improve.  As a fallen people we carry our baggage with us everywhere we go.  We start collecting stuff in our bags... sin... insecurity...results of our actions...our past... our upbringing...etc.  As life happens we try to either hide our bags or learn how to carry them in a healthy way.  

This is what this blog is going to be about.   Doing life and doing life with others.  Trying to figure out how to grab my bags and carry them along with me and to show others a better way to hold their bags.   I hope this blog makes you laugh, makes you think, and encourages you to become a better person and a better follower of Christ.  This blog is as much for me than anyone else.  I have so many thoughts in my head... all the time... and I thought this would be a great place to dump all them.  Get ready to see into the mind of Antho...(cue scary music here)

I need to give quick shout out to one of my best friends, Kara.  She has been one person who has helped me process a lot of these thoughts you are going to read and she has been able to show me different views that I would have never thought of and challenge me everyday to be a better man.  Thanks for all you do! 

I hope you all have a blessed 2012 and thanks for reading this far.  I pray you can accept you bags, carry your bags in a Christ honoring way, and help others carry theirs when they need it! 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic first post! So proud of you and looking forward to reading along with your life journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! I can't wait to see your posts. Our journeys sometimes cause us to do great amounts of introspective and upward looking and we're never the same! Blessings from your once-upon-a-time-blog-enthusiast...that shall become that again! :)

    ReplyDelete